Sunday 16 October 2011

Free Day (Object layout) Sunday 16th Oct 2011

 Sunday 16th Oct 2011

 Having spent most of the day looking after my son I've only had the late evening to work on my project.
I've decided to work on the layout and visual hierarchy for the objects. Laying out the majority of the objects in an attempt to: Order the objects: Work on camera angle: Highlight issues with composition. I've only shot a few digital images for the blog to show the ideas,  and the lighting will be confirmed on further test shots. The plan being to use either my studio lights (or the University's mobile lighting equipment).
The initial tests prompted a friend to comment on one camera angle, stating "It created a visual pathway that lead the eye up  across the items". Also with the plastic bin bag positioned to show the items spilling out "The bin bag makes the skull look like the Grim Reaper". This idea really appealed in relation to the end of a career, the closure of a factory and the end of an era etc, so I'll work more on correcting any layout issues and attempt to keep that effect. I think tearing (or crossing out the faces on the) pictures will be required to tell the story of this image.

Still to address: Lighting plan; Confirm background. I want plain white to contrast the black of the bag and to emphasise the transition from light to dark via the situation. Creating a visual narrative to signify leaving order (the white) and moving into the unknown . I also want to do more research before i finalise these ideas, looking for visual inspiration for a strong contrasty powerful image, seeing what I can learn and benefit from in relation to the final aspects of my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment