Monday 24 October 2011

Day 24 Object Monday 24th Oct 2011

Monday 24th Oct 2011

After today's Perception lecture I took myself to the digital lab and introduced myself to the tutor there. I enquired about scanning my object negatives and was instructed how to use the 'Flextight X1' scanner. I used this to scan two of my images and they are attached here for reference. One shows a few marks probably acquired whilst the dark slide was being loaded by my assistant, the other is better, being unmarked.  For the blog a simple photograph of the printed image would suffice, but I wanted to scan the negatives themselves to see which was the best (and this proved a good move as one is marked). I now have the final image negative selected and tomorrow I can purchase some colour paper and print the image. I was concerned about Jonathans comments about shooting black, but I did want deep shadow and the effect of a "black hole" (a term I used on the shoot day).
This neg has some marks on the emulsion, and it might be an interesting exercise to speak to Colin and see if they could be cleaned



Scanned Final neg (next taxt is to Print)

No comments:

Post a Comment