Monday 10 October 2011

Environment Monday 10th Oct 2011

Monday 10th Oct 2011 Environment project test shots

Processed my film today and I've scanned the negs just to add them to the blog (we don't do the B&W printing induction until this Thurs 13th).
I am mostly pleased with the images using the shallower depth of field. I was attempting to capture a sense of what was missing from the images, my son who plays in these locations. I think the shallow depth of field in my mind draws my eye to where he would be. The clutter of the background (especially with the swing shot) is softened and for me a melancholy feeling is created.
The images were an attempt to capture the stillness of the locations, a stillness and a silence usually broken by an excitable and fun young child.
I love the medium format film cameras (this being only my second chance to ever use them, the first being the induction workshop), and I've always enjoyed the pureness of B&W (although it has been many many years since I've had the chance to shoot B&W film).

My passion for the medium has been stirred again.
F2.8 1/250
F4 1/500

No comments:

Post a Comment