Sunday 9 October 2011

Environment Sun 9th Oct 2011

Sun 9th Oct 2011

Loaded up the Bronica SQB with HP5 ISO 400 120 film and decided to do some 'in field' experiments/test shots for the landscape images I'll need to take. I took my light meter, my Benbo tripod (because it's all I have, and it's light and good for field work) and I set about shooting some film, carefully selecting apertures for creative effect (which were all carefully noted down). I always enjoy using depth of field within my images to add a dimention to the narrative. The light was great, and looked for locations that gave me sense of loss/jouney/absence. The location is one where I spend lots of time with my son, when he's not there (he doesn't live with me) it's as if the location itself changes, it becomes still. It's his spirit that brings it alive.

You might note the low height of the tripod, something I experimented with to gain the viewpoint of a child in relation to the environment.

I shot the images below of just a couple of the places I used the Bronica on my digital canon G11 for the blog




No comments:

Post a Comment