Tuesday 15 November 2011

Free day Tuesday 15th November 2011 Environment

Tuesday 15th November 2011: Environment
Took my G11 to reconnoiter locations for the new pastiche images in Maidstone, I also took along the RZ67. I have to say that I have no favorite image out of the pastiches (i think they are all equally difficult), so I'm very open minded about them all at the moment. I think rather than selecting a single image I'll invest as much time as possible in finding locations that could match any/all of the images. Before making a final decision on which image to select for my final shot. Each image has it's own unique challenges, and the challenges include the fact that all three were taken abroad, and all three have very specific locations/characteristics. I can see this being a real challenge, and the foundations of the image lay in finding the best locations.
.
Thomas Struth, 'Bukseo Dong, Pyongyang, North Korea', 2007
Finding a cityscape like Thomas Struths with no cars/street furniture/Christmas decorations etc is going to be a tall order
Brassai, 'Paris after Dark, No27', No.27', 1933      
I can see Brassais image as being almost impossible to obtain due to the proliferation of Christmas lights now on display (see below)
Block paved street and incline

Another block paved street and incline
Lee Friedlander, 'Albuquerque, New Mexico', 1972
 

No comments:

Post a Comment