Monday 21 November 2011

Day 38 Monday 21st November 2011 Perception + Body

Monday 21st November 2011 Perception:

I arrived  early to return the RZ67 but due to the queue for stores it soon became obvious I'd not get it returned until after the lecture

10:00 Lecture 'Portraiture and Ethics' with Micheal PW. A discussion on the ethics of portraiture which included references to a number of Photographers such as:

Nacy Bursen; Robert Mapplethorpe; Larry Clark; Gary Winograd: Cindy Sherman: Weegee

After the lecture I returned the RZ67 an requested another camera and tripod (this time a Fuji
 6x9 wide -65mm lens). I want to raise the camera height for my cityscape bridge images a tad, so either a rangefinder of 5x4 camera will be the solution.
Not having used the Fuji before it seemed like a good idea to try it out, based on my requirements. I am curious to see how the different format (6x9) works in relation to my subject matter as well.

Upon leaving uni I met up with a friend and headed to Chatham to introduce myself to the people that run/work at the Chatham Corps of the Salvation Army. Whereupon I met Andrea Still and discussed my requirements and time frame. I have followed this up with an e-mail and I'm hoping to have a brief run down of those (possibly three) individuals who might be available to sit for me, which is great progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment