Wednesday 2 November 2011

Day 28 Object colour printing Wednesday 02 Nov 2011

Wednesday 02 Nov 2011 Object colour printing

Decided to come in later today after yesterdays long day, and it seems to be a gamble that paid off!
 Arriving at ten I proceeded to the darkrooms to add my name to the waiting list for a colour enlarger, I was twelfth! But after a short while an enlarger became free and no one from the list was about, so I had my chance to print. It seems this was due to a relaxation of the brief with regards to printing. With such a large first year, it was obvious not everyone would have time to print. This was of course made worse by the dark room workshops on both Monday and today in the B&W darkroom, that restricted the years ability to progress with the work.
The dark room set up went well with only two wedge step strips and three test strips required before I could print a full size image. After close inspection I adjusted the Magenta a touch and the second print was perfect (the image below is not the final, this is the last test), the second print is on the wall and everything was displayed today on time!

Now that the images are posted I'll update the images and test strips etc into the blog for both object and the previous environment blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment