Friday 11 November 2011

Day 34 Friday 11th November 2011

Day 34 Friday 11th November 2011 Today was split thus:

10:00 Unit re-brief 'The Body' followed by a contextual lecture 'The Portrait'. Jonathan threw so many names at us during the presentation, and there were a few that caught my eye. I'll be looking up as many of those as I can.
This was quickly followed (after a short comfort break) by a BBC film by David Hockney called 'Secret Knowledge' all about the camera lucidia, very interesting indeed!

 I had hoped to print my newly shot first pastiche, but due to the time we ended the first session I only had time for a walk into Chatham before we started the second half of the day.

14:00 Lighting the Human Figure. Life drawing Study and Exposure Mapping:
A rather odd lesson but a good exercise in the skills of looking at the body and the way it is lit.
Six quick ink sketches made using a wooden pen (shaped from a twig of all things) dipped in ink, then a brush and water used to spread the ink to create tone. Followed by two larger images, one seated, one standing. Both made using charcoal.




No comments:

Post a Comment