Thursday 29 March 2012

Day 81 Thursday 29th March 2012 Pinhole Workshop

Thursday 29th March 2012 Pinhole Workshop:

Today was a 09:30 start with Colin to build the Pinhole cameras. Most peoples cameras required a reasonable amount of work, but I'd selected a .50 cal Nato ammo box so mine wasn't too difficult to construct. I simply had to find the center of one side, use a punch to create a dimple. Then open the box and abrade the depression away thus thinning the steel, before Colin measured the focal length and made the pin hole. My focal length was 280mm and my 'F' number was F417. We were introduced to the chart to calculate exposure and once we had light meters and film loaded we went about testing the cameras. The light-meter was set to an ISO reading of ISO 5 (the average speed of photographic paper)

Team one members making their pinhole cameras

My Ammo box


German WWII bomb that i'd decided to photograph after my initial test shot

LH side is my second 'negative', middle is my first print (10 seconds), RH side is my final image from the day (25 seconds)


Decided to tidy the box up when I got home, removed some of the rust and gave it  a coat of paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment