Sunday 5 February 2012

Free Day Sunday 5th February 2012 Fashion Constructed Image

Sunday 5th February 2012

I've had my son all this weekend and he had me up from 3am being sick and unwell last night. Now that he's gone I’ll complete the blog with my ideas (as well as dealing with a sick grand parent who appears to have the same bug now).

In between dealing with sick people and snow as well (about 10cm fell here yesterday), I've seen the sketches created by Ian Wisbey and Amie Overbury and they look good. I'll attempt to draw up my own version which will be very much in line with Amie's image based on the ideas I have and what I've seen. I really like the drama and symbolism created by the pushed open door, and the viewer’s vantage point outside of a window looking in. The room viewed through the window creates a claustrophobic and edgy voyeuristic feel.

With regards to the narrative I like the concept of a forceful female main character, and just like Amie I feel that visual strength comes from having her entering the room gun in hand. A more submissive (or at least equally strong) male figure reacting to her entrance would create drama a sense of movement and suspense as well as a simple easy to understand narrative. Should we want her to be a more forceful character arming her with a machine gun rather than a pistol might increase her physical presence and impact?

I think the lighting needs to be contrasty with high key lighting and replicating a more residential lighting set up, but the room could also be dressed like the lair of a spy/villain to add extra interest and intrigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment