Tuesday 6 September 2011

Introduction. BA Honours Photography (Contemporary Practice). UCA Rochester

Born in Dartford in Kent I moved several times living in Wilmington, Cliff Woods, Hextable, and finally Darenth (just outside Dartford).  

Many of my interests stem from my childhood, where I developed a passion for history, an interest in conflict and war. As I grew older my passions evolved and encompassed the technology, equipment, politics, and personalities of recent military history (mostly the 1940’s).

Whilst at school I had a weekend job working at a paintball site as a marshall.

In my late teens and early twenties passions for music took me to many gigs and also lead to me having green hair for almost two years! It has also been bright pink, blue, etc. Although that may not be too sensational it was considered to be by my peers and employers as I was working within a very regulated Industry at the time. I guess I was always alternative in one way or another. I left a conventional secondary school and found myself working in a large pharmaceutical company, where I stayed for 20 years (until redundancy). I worked within Logistics covering almost every role within that sphere; I also became a shop steward for the TGWU, a First Aider, Fire Marshall, and Trainer. Eventually being posted off site to three major international IT related projects.

I’ve been a lifelong biker and petrol head, and only recently got a car licence having been on two wheels most of my life. I own a number of old vehicles dating from the 40’s mostly with two dated from the 60’s-70’s.
I’d love to eventually find a career that relates to my passions in some way and I’ve already had an article published online and a couple of pictures used by websites and a book.

Finally I have to mention my son Alexander, whose life I play an active part in, and for whom I am doing this course.

I start BA Honours Photography (Contemporary Practice) at UCA Rochester on 12th September 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment