Wednesday 7 September 2011

Summer Project - No Winners

Read brief for initial project and set up and photographed a number of images today. I used a soft toy that I've owned since birth to represent myself, with the brief being basically a self portrait using items and belongings that represent myself. It's the same age as me, and shows it's age with wear and tear visible. I've used further toys (toy soldiers) that belong to my son to represent the battle of life and they all have further meaning also. They relate to hobbies of mine, some of my interests, they are a reminder of childhood, they represent the son I have and his impact on my life. They are positioned attacking and overwhelming the bear, symbolic of my recent struggles, my vulnerability, and battles and conflicts. Even the background has meaning, red for anger and conflict/blood, but also representing my abode. Some cotton wool was added to represent the stuffing from the bear, symbolically torn out by a savage attack, representing pain and loss.

My image - No Winners:


MW

No comments:

Post a Comment