Tuesday 20 September 2011

Day 6

September 19th 2011 (Monday)

Arrived early to speak with Jackie Andrew re 'myuca', and again checked with the library to see if my pass was available "Should be here Thurs-Fri" was the response.
Not sure I'll feel part of the uni until I have my pass, in fact I'll probably feel like an outsider for months to come!

10:00 Briefing: The Body and Object
Lots to think about here, I'll probably need a day or two to mull this over. The one overriding feeling I have at the moment relates to the steepness of the learning curve I face. Being a mature student with no formal training I'll be taking every opportunity to pick up anything I can to assist me in completing the goals.
It's true to say I was considered an expert in my previous job, and to be the new boy and to lack expertise is something I'm not used to.

11:30 Lecture: Genres and Contexts of still Life Investigations into the eras and aesthetics
Took plenty of notes here

14:00 Lecture: Symbolism
Lots of artists names noted for further investigation and research

Ian Turner has asked if I'll team up with him as a member of 'Study group I' for the 'Body and Object' project. It was nice to be asked,  especially as I'm the oldest in the group (Course?) and like I said, I've no formal training or previous experience with any of the equipment.

 Saw this lovely WWII Austin Fire Appliance (complete with Coventry Climax pump) on the way to meet a friend for dinner after leaving UCA. It sat with it's engine running totally unattended just a shame I couldn't capture the sound and the smell of this lovely machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment