Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day 2

 September 13th 2011 (Tuesday)

Rode the Multistrada in today and got in very early with the intention of doing some reading, only to bump into Ian Turner from my study group, we sat and chatted, small talk mostly.

The enrolment process was rather dull and it seems that the education system is  rather different from business. Possibly an odd contradiction of a statement as maybe the 'Education business' would describe it better? Until I'm more settled, until I find my feet I'll continue to feel awkward and  I found the long gaps of inactivity frustrating.

Also I've suffered today with my back which takes the fun out of everything.

I've spoken to a fair number of people and I hope to converse with more as the days go on, I'm rather voyeuristic when it comes to people. I watch initially rather than engage, but with everyone in the same boat, all new and many having no friends at UCA, I've made more effort than usual to converse with everyone I can.

I must say that on top of the bad back I've been ill all evening with a bad stomach.
Jim Crowhursts  face popped into my head during the evening whilst I was feeling sorry for myself, I worked with Jim and he passed away a few days ago at 56. His funeral is on the 26th.
I think the situation of a new chapter starting in my life, just as his ended stuck in my mind as being rather poignant.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this is a great opportunity to say something you have been saying to me for the last 2 years...

    "Just Keep Swimming" x

    ReplyDelete