Wednesday 7 December 2011

Free day Wednesday 7th December 2011 (Environment)

 Wednesday 7th December 2011

Having my new Mamiya but lacking a battery and any quantity of film it was obvious I'd need to acquire both. Ian Turner contacted me whilst I was deciding how to progress with my numerous tasks and issues and between us we decided to meet up. Ian came to me, and then I drove to the camera shop and acquired the battery, film (HP5) and some chemicals for my dark room.
With Pastiche images printed off and having scouted some locations previously, we headed to Maidstone via Rochester (here I got to try the new (secondhand) camera out a couple of times) . It's always worth testing gear out, and this seemed like the ideal opportunity. I'd seen the locations previously only in daylight so it was interesting to see the amount of light at each location at night.

As usual I took a couple of reference photographs to record the lighting etc at each location, and  tried the bulb setting on the RZ for the first time. Once thing that the new camera has highlighted is my increased need for a better tripod which is the next equipment based issue to resolve.

None of the locations were perfect (Christmas lights, to much light, parked vehicles, street furniture and a general lack of the original feel of the Paris streets) and of course none of the streets were wet but for testing purposes it hopefully wasn't a wasted day.


No comments:

Post a Comment