Tuesday 6 December 2011

Free day Tuesday 6th December 2011 (Environment Printing)

Tuesday 6th December 2011 (Environment Printing)

 Decided after yesterdays session printing the contact sheets and experimenting with a few prints that today would be a good day to try and print further.

Starting off quite early so that I could use one of the more superior easels I set about printing off the first three images for the initial Environment project. This is material that I had re-shoot and changed completely from my initial concept (from play areas and missing my son-to graves and how we return to the earth and remain there until we are a mere distant memory,).

Eventually I moved onto printing a further images for the second 'Cityscape' Environment. Three of the bridge series, and a couple of the subway images (I took at the same time to support my city space concept).

It still takes me an age to print, I try and be methodical and produce all of the required wedge and test strips. And I think if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing right. So I attempt with my limited experience to get each image as right as I can. Using multiple grades to attempt to creatively bring out both density and tone.
I really do love the whole process and find myself getting into a zone whilst making the work, I just get frustrated at the odd beginners mistake or silly errors that create wastage of the expensive paper. But with the old adage, practise makes perfect I can see that it only gets easier!
Environment Cityscape




Environment first (re-shot) section
New Camera

New Camera

New Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment